They got that, right...how did I not know about this site!!! Girl Meets Dress is the UK's first online rental service where women can BORROW the hottest designer DRESSES around. They stock over 400 different designer dresses from over 100 brands.
Even better Girl Meets Dress have recently launched The Wedding Boutique...for Brides, Mothers of Bride, Guests and Bridesmaids.
|MELISSA ODABASH £69|
Girl Meets Dress launched in 2009 after Anna Bance left her career in fashion PR, spending 3 years at Hermes as UK PR manager, with an inspired idea. The vision to set up Girl Meets Dress came after many of the positions she had previously held in the fashion industry involved both the lending and borrowing of the collections - for either fashion shoots or for celebrities to wear to events.
She thought it be wonderful if all women had access to this same service - the option and freedom to borrow any dress they wish for a party. The luxury to have an endless closet.
“It’s a fun concept and people have really responded to it. Hopefully I have answered their prayers by giving them a new way to shop – a fun and affordable way to wear designer dresses...and if they want, a different dress for every occasion!
We all have those expensive pieces at the back of the wardrobe, begrudgingly bought for yet another wedding/party/job interview but then not worn more than a couple of times. Girl Meets Dress, reconciles such fashion conundrums perfectly.“
|RUTH TARVYDAS £99|
|OMAR MANSOOR £79|
|AMEE LOU £79|
HOW IT WORKS
Dying to begin? Borrowing a designer dress couldn't be easier.
- Simply peruse the collection of over 100 designer brands and 400 designer dresses (Marc Jacobs, Temperley, Chloe) and add up to 3 of your favourite dresses into your Shopping Bag to try on.
- Select the number of nights you would like them for (2 or 7 nights) and for a little extra peace of mind, add the optional insurance for just £7.
- Schedule a delivery date, and your dress will appear at the doorstep of your choice – home or office.
Next-day and even same-day delivery (if you live in London) is available, for last-minute fashion emergency.
You can pre-order your dress or bag well ahead of your big night if you wish and they’ll send it to you in advance to try on so you have complete peace of mind and your outfit sorted!
- Let Girl Meets Dress know which one you have chosen and they'll refund you the difference. Then that's all that's left to do is enjoy wearing it and bask in the compliments and admiring glances.
- Once you are done, just pop your dress back into the pre-paid packaging and drop it into your local Post office.
Girl Meets Dress even take care of the dry cleaning, then keep the dresses humming in their wonderful wardrobes, in anticipation of the next outing.
There is no registration or monthly fees – just pay the fee marked under each dress. Although if you do plan on using Girl Meets Dress regularly, you can benefit from their membership option: £60 for 1 year which entitles you to £20 off 1st order and 20% off every other order.
Currently they have two discount offers running that I'm sure will interest you ladies!!!
If you're using Girls Meets Dress for the first time you can get a £10 welcome voucher by signing up on the homepage. Want to save even more money? Then snap up a £50 Christmas Gift Voucher for just £20!
Got a fancy Christmas party or Wedding to attend? Then this site could be just the ticket!!