Last week I was lucky enough to be invited along to David Fielden's flagship store. I got to chat to David and try on lots of gorgeous dresses, yippee! If you'd like to see more about my visit and lots of pics, click HERE. David was also kind enough to answer a few questions for me to share with you loveliess. So here we go, a Q&A with the mega talented David Fielden!
David & I!
Emotive, Driven, Loyal.
2. Favourite creative place to visit in London?
Shepard's Bush Empire for the music and the Donmar Theatre for its outstanding theatrical production.
3. Your favourite place to travel? Does travel or anything else inspire your work?
Cuba, for its people. The Outer Heridies for its solitary and dramatic landscape. I'm inspired by everything around me particularly music, theatre and dance.
4. Your newest collection has an ethereal feel, yet the back drop to your show was one of destruction. What inspired this contrast?
We live in an intransigent world with world affairs effecting our everyday decisions and I wanted to capture this feeling and show that love will always win out. The back drop of urban destruction added a dynamic contrast to the ethereal quality of the dresses.
5. The models are wore lace skull caps, are these the next big thing for bridal wear?!
I'd like to think so.
6. I adore your dresses, they're elegant yet edgy. If I were to choose one word to describe your 2012 show it would be FIERCE! How would you describe the David Fielden bride?
A David Fielden Bride is a woman who has her own sense of style and truly wants to have a dress at the cutting edge of bridal fashion.
7. Do you have a favourite dress from the 2012 collection?
I never look back, so I am always more excited by the next collection I am working on.
8. What inspired you to produce a film for your current campaign? What is the meaning behind it?
I am very interested in exploring different ways of getting our brand accessible to a wider audience. The film uses movement and sound to give a new and exciting emotional connection to my collection and brand.
9. What happens when a bride orders her dress from David Fielden? The process? Can designs be slightly adapted if the bride requested this or is this a big NO NO?
We will try to accommodate changes where we can but ultimately the wedding dresses must stay true to the David Fielden style. We work closely with the bride to make sure the process is a stress free experience, and more importantly an enjoyable one. Once an order is placed measurements are taken and a bride will then have a further two fittings. We make sure we are on hand to offer any advice or help that is needed from the right shoe to the right underwear.
10. What is the price range of your current collection?
Prices Range from: £1700 - £5000.
11. Are you able to offer any advice to Peonies & Pearls brides about selecting their dream dress?
Always follow your heart...
12. Is there anything you would like to share with Peonies & Pearls readers?
The new 2013 Collection will preview in June in Milan. So be ready for an exciting change! Watch this space!
CREDIT: Campaign images provided by David Fielden